Our Medical Director: Janet D. Pearl, MD, MSc
Previously, Dr. Pearl was the Co-Director of the Pain Management Center at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, where she was also the Director of the Pain Management Fellowship program.
After graduating from Harvard College with an A.B. in Applied Mathematics with Economics, Dr. Pearl received a M.Sc. in Health Planning and Financing at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. She then received her M.D. from the Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, where she represented the Medical School as a senator in the Columbia University Senate.
Dr. Pearl completed her internship in Internal Medicine at New England Deaconess Hospital, her residency in Anesthesiology at the Massachusetts General Hospital, and her fellowship in Pain Management at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Pearl was the first resident ever to serve on the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)’s Residency Review Committee for Anesthesiology. She is a Joseph Collins Scholar and a Rotary Scholar and was awarded the AMA/Glaxo Welcome and AMA/Burroughs Welcome Resident Leadership Awards.
Dr. Pearl is Board Certified in both Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine with the American Board of Anesthesiologists. She is a member of the American Pain Society, The Massachusetts Medical Society, the Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologists, the Massachusetts Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, and the American Society of International Pain Physicians.
Dr Pearl is competitive tennis player and coaches girl’s fast pitch softball.
Meet Our Medical Director:
- The American Pain Society;
- The Massachusetts Medical Society;
- The Massachusetts Society of Anesthesiologist;
- The American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians;
- The Massachusetts Society of Interventional Pain Physicians;
- The American Society of Anesthesiologists;
- American Academy of Regenerative Medicine; and,
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.
- Director and Secretary, Massachusetts Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, Massachusetts Dept.of Industrial Accidents, Health Care Services Board
- Member of the Association of Harvard College Class Secretaries and Treasurers
- Past Member of the Board of Directors of the Harvard Alumni Association
- Ex Trustee, University of Massachusetts. Dr. Pearl served on the University of Massachusetts Board of Trustees from October 2004 to October 2010. She was Chair of the Committee on Science, Technology and Research, and was a member of the Committee on Academic and Student Affairs and the Governance Committee.
- Coach, Girls Softball
- She enjoys competitive tennis and waterskiing.